It hasn’t been months and months since my last update. I guess I’m getting better at trying to keep this site updated. I’ve added a new album with pictures from the last month of the summer. I hope you like them.
We had a great summer. Aside from the near-constant rain we had in SW Ontario, we still managed to do a fair bit, including trips to the zoo, African Lion Safari, North Carolina and some camping.
Since my last update at the end of July, we spent a really fun day at African Lion Safari with Chris, Alex and I meeting up with my sister, Jenny, and her son, Kian, as well as Kathy, Steve and their two daughters, Jennifer and Sarah, and one of Jen’s friends and Grandpa as well.
We enjoying driving through the game reserve to see the animals and Alex had an amazing time at the splash pad as he’s now big enough to go into the ‘bigger kids’ area where there’s tons to do. He just loves water and getting splashed and soaked and it was fun for him to get to play with his cousins too.
We also got away for a great trip to North Carolina with my side of the family. We had 13 of us in total sharing a huge house in the Outer Banks in North Carolina (Rodanthe to be specific). The house was beyond belief and Alex had the most spectacular time playing in the pool, and the pirate ship playhouse, and flying kites and playing on the beach. We even got to make a few day trips to try out some famous North Carolina BBQ (Eastern Carolina style) as well as a trip to the aquarium. The trip was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I hope Alex gets to one day experience something that fun again as he just loved playing with his cousins, grandparents, aunts and uncle and he loved the ocean and the waves and everything about the trip.
We finally also had some good news about Chris’ job situation and thankfully his job is secure and also we don’t have to move anywhere. It’s been a hard 18 months waiting for the company that bought out Chris’ company to set everything in motion with the new structure, but it’s nice to finally know that most people in the sales force were able to stay with the company. The new company has its Canadian head office in Montreal, so Chris will be heading that way more often now.
Alex also started Junior Kindergarten (five mornings a week)… well, he hasn’t officially started yet. They have “staggered” entry for JK kids so that the kids all get a chance to visit before starting school officially, so he and I went for a 20-minute visit last week, and this Thursday he goes for the full morning, but with a small group of kids, and then on Friday the entire class goes for their regular class. He seems to be taking it all in stride - I think Chris and I are finding the transition much, much harder.
Because we had a bit of a break until he started school this week, we took advantage of the time and went camping up near Kincardine at Inverhuron Provincial Park. It rained on and off, especially as we were trying to pack up, but overall it was a great trip. The scenery is lovely and the park is very rustic but still has nice hot showers and clean bathrooms (a must-have in my books), so we’ll probably go back again at some point. We just got back today and Alex is in daycare tomorrow afternoon and then Thursday’s the big day where he goes off to school for the first time and Chris and I collapse into piles of tear-filled goo on the way home.
I’ll be sure to do more updates as I can! Thanks for following along with our family adventures and pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment